Delta Energetika: TCM has given confidence of feasibility of our project
Delta Energetika is a privately owned company in Croatia that specializes in electricity production. With support from TCM’s Advisory Services, they are working on a project to develop a Hybrid Power Plant, which currently is in an advanced phase.
The project is led by Vaclav Hlavaty, the Project Director
– Our project consists of Combined Cycle Gas Power Plant (CCGPP), Carbon Capture utilization and storage, hydrogen production and Solar Power Plant. Transport and storage will be managed by 3rd party. The project has an environmental and location permit for CCGPP. The aim is to catch approximately 500.000 tons of CO2 a year.
– Why did you choose to collaborate with TCM?
– Since carbon capture, especially on Gas Power Plants, is relatively new technology, our company had to find a reliable side to help us in the project development phase. During our research we came across TCM who had knowledge and experience.
– What are the most important success factors for succeeding in capturing CO2 in the project?
– Capturing CO2 is complex and expensive. The project must be considered from all aspects. Choosing the right technology and right industrial partner is crucial. Also, what to do with CO2, to find which possibilities for storage and utilization are available.
– In what ways has TCM provided excess value to the project?
– TCM provided initial parameters and ensured that CO2 capturing project is on the right track. Also, TCM provided us the support for the application for the Innovation fund.
– What would you like to highlight as a benefit of the collaboration with TCM?
– I will emphasize that the collaboration with TCM has given us confidence of feasibility of the Carbon Capture Project.
– What is the decarbonization strategy of your company?
– Delta energetika is solely dedicated to the Hybrid Power Plant Slavonski Brod project. CO2 capturing, transportation and storage is a way of our company to produce electricity and provide stability to the energy system with minimal emission of GHG gasses to the atmosphere. The illustration below is a model of the Hybrid Power Plan SB.
– Can you say few words on the roadmap of your company to meet its decarbonization targets?
– The plan is to realize Hybrid Power Plant in phases; CCGT by 2027, meanwhile progressing with preparation of the licenses and design for Carbon Capture, Hydrogen and Solar plant and their construction by the 2030.
– What is the one challenge that keeps you awake and the one opportunity that gets you excited?
– The greatest challenge will be finding a final solution for the carbon storage. The opportunity that gets me excited is how to use CO2 as a product and getting additional benefit from it.